Friday, June 3, 2011

Summer Break 2011...What are my plans???

Today is the second day of my summer break.  I am really glad to be at this point.  This has been a tough year with kiddos that just absolutely CAN'T get along on a DAILY basis.  I think...no, I know, I earned this break this year.  :)

My Aunt Peggy is inspiring me this summer.  She has decided to ride her bike in the BAK.  (Bike Across Kansas)  She is doing it for a few different reasons, but the one that stands out most to me is that she is doing it for her.  What a novel idea.  I like that so I am channeling her this summer and I am making sure that I do some things just for me.  I deserve it.

So, now I need to decide what to do.  What's important to me?  That's a hard question to answer sometimes when you are always taking care of others and worrying about the next thing that needs to be done (whether that thing is absolutely necessary or not).  After considering lot of ideas, this is what I came up with.

#1 - READ READ READ!!!!!  I love to read!  I finally got some glasses so now I can see.  (What a wonderful thing!)  And I am can't wait to absorb as many stories as I can.  :)

#2 - CREATE!  I want to be creative.  I think my creative side has been "squashed" for a bit and I can feel it bubbling up inside.  Creating makes me feel so good and very alive.  I like that feeling.

#3 -  Spend QUALITY TIME with each of my girls.  One on one time.  We don't get to do that enough.  I'm not talking about going shopping.  I'm talking about just hanging out together.  Talking and enjoying each other's company.  (Whitney actually talked to me about that today.  She thought it'd be fun to just hang out together.  Great idea from a 10 year old.  I need to think like a kid more often.)

#4 - PHOTOGRAPHY - This has been an interest of mine since high school.  I have found several websites that I hope to learn from.  The plan is to set aside time each day or two to do work through some of the tutorials I have found online to learn to improve my photography skills.  I have a lot to learn and am ready to do so.

This is a pretty short list of just "me" stuff.  There are other projects I'd like to accomplish as well - mostly things that have to do with the house.  LOTS of painting I want to do.  Little girls' rooms I want to decorate just for them.  Drawers and closets to clean out and organize.  I know I probably won't be able to do all the things I need and want to do, but maybe, just maybe, if I have a list I can mark items off my list and feel pretty good about doing it.  I'll keep my fingers crossed!

2 comments:

Nonni said...

Love your blog! You are so right to do things just for you! As they say, "If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!" :-)

Nonni said...
This comment has been removed by the author.