Monday, June 6, 2011

Monday, Monday...

Today is my first official Monday of summer break.  I'm kinda enjoying it so far.  I've been to the hell they call Wal-Mart already this morning.   I went really early, and I must admit, it wasn't at hellish as it is in the afternoon.  I could actually walk through the place without bumping into people and I found the things I was looking for.  All in all, my Wal-Mart trip wasn't too bad.

Now, what to do with the rest of my day.... I need to work on the house a bit.  I would like to get a few things organized and I plan to clean out THE FRIDGE... I loathe doing that, but it really needs to be done.  We are going to defrost the entire thing tonight.  Should be loads of fun.  I'd really like a new fridge.  The one we have would make an amazing drink fridge.  :)

Allison has swim practice today.  She is counting down the days until Aggie Swim Camp.  She gets checked in on Saturday and will stay until Thursday.  I am looking forward to it too.  I get to see my best friends. Sounds like there might be some plans already in the works for when I get there.  Can't wait!    These girls make me laugh, they make me smile, and they make me happy.  I love them!

I am also looking forward to my eating at my FAVORITE place in the entire world....Wings-n-More! 
I don't know what it is about this place, but it makes me happy.  When we lived in BCS we ate here at least once a week - Wednesdays - Kids EAT FREE!  I don't know.  It's just a comfortable place to be and the food was never lacking.  Especially the pickle chips.  Wish I had a good pic of them on the computer.  They are amazing!


My Aunt Peggy has started her 3rd day of the BAK (Bike Across Kansas) today.  She was a bit discouraged last night after battling crosswinds as she rode and 90+ degree weather.  I have to say, that she is amazing.  I don't know how she does it.  Please pray for her to be safe and to find the strength to get through this amazing journey that I know she desperately wants to finish.  She is my inspiration this summer.  If she can do something like this for herself, then I can do some things for myself as well.  You have to do for you so that you are able to do for others.  Aunt Peggy, I am behind you 150%!  Ride Peggy! Ride!

Well, I probably need to get a few things done around here.  Laundry is calling and so are the drawers and closets that need organized.  I hope you all have a wonderful Monday!  :)

1 comment:

Nonni said...

I'm being forced to clean out 3 large closets because of a water leak. All the sheetrock has to be redone. Without the leak who knows how long I would have procrastinated before getting to this. The Lord works in mysterious ways... ;-)