Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Rain rain go away!

Today was a beautiful day -- sunshine and blue skies. The girls went swimming at Uncle Don and Aunt Claudia's house while I helped Aunt Claudia on a scrapbook. They swam, played well, and had fun. Until the skies began to rumble. We weren't sure it was thunder at first, but the clouds soon moved in and ended the swim party for Ally and Whit. I got them out of the pool about 20 minutes before the bottom fell out of the skies. You wouldn't believe the amount of rain that fell! The street in front of the house was flooded up to and over the curbs. I haven't seen it rain/flood like that here is a very long time! I really wish I had been able to take some pics of it. I was just too afraid to get my baby (aka my camera) wet. The girls thought it was pretty cool though.

***Good Puppy!***
Dixie has been a sweet sweet girl as of the last few days. We have given her free reign of the front part of the house by blocking off the door to the hallway and bedrooms. She loves it. She and Deuce have been buddies playing and wrestling quite a bit. It is wearing her out too. She is super tired at night. That means Momma gets some sleep!

***BrOkeN RecOrD!!!***
I broke a record of sorts today. I usually take anywhere from 2-5 hours to finish a scrappy layout. Today I scrapped for about 4-4.5 hours. And guess what????? I basically finished 5 layouts! Woo! Hoo! I have a few things to add to each page but nothing major. Simple things like a ribbon here or a brad there. You know, the finishing touch kind of things. I have a couple of things I want to work on tonight too. Maybe I'll be able to get them done lightning fast as well!

***Blog Times***
On the blog front, I am trying to learn as much as I can about blogging and getting my site personalized. Today, I figured out how to get my slide show added on the side instead of as a post and I put a clock on my site. I'm starting to like the look of my blog a little better. :)

2 comments:

Kim Langston said...

The new reworked blog looks great. Your bio picture is sooo cute. I might have to copy the clock. The slideshow turned out fab. Now you need to add a visitor counter.

Anonymous said...

Hey Mrs.Lackey,
Its Erica I miss you so much and i hope you can email me.Asked Mrs.Rives for my email and email me your adress cause iv been busy and i think I may have lost it but im still looking.