Saturday, December 29, 2007

Wasn't It Merry?

Hope everybody had a great Christmas! We did! The girls made out like bandits -- Santa brought so much stuff! Thanks Santa!

I stayed busy right up until Christmas Eve. I have never waited this late to get thing finished for Christmas. I am usually done a couple weeks before. Not this year! It just crept up on me! I was still getting things ready to go when it was time to head out to visit with the family and exchange gifts. It was nice to finally slow down to enjoy the night!

We started off at Mike's parents' house. It was fun watching the kids rip open their packages. My youngest nephew got a drum set. I sure am glad it didn't come home with me. :D Although, Whit did bring home a working microphone that plays songs she can sing and a noise making guitar. Not the real kind but one that she loves anyway. She still feels like a rockstar when she plays with it! Ally got Hannah Montana stuff. She is crazy about HM. I have never seen anything like it.... Sometimes it drives me crazy but I can be happy that she is crazy about a pretty good role model. I hope HM doesn't turn out to be like the Spears girls. That is another entry though.
Once we finished at Mike's parents' house we headed to his aunt and uncle's house. We started off by playing Dirty Santa with $5 gifts from the liquor store. Do you know what you can get at the liquor store for $5? Nothing really great, I can tell you that! By the end of the game you had to take at least one drink of what you ended up with.
I ended up with Hot Damn! as my "prize". At least it didn't taste horrible! Some of the things they brought were NASTY! The two worst ones were these: Arrogant Bastard Ale, and Rattlesnake shots. All I can say is: Dis-gust-ing! The Rattlesnake shots were awful. I couldn't even tell you what was in it. It was two different liquors that tasted like rubbing alcohol. Definately pukester drinks.
The next picture is Mike and his Uncle Don discussing how to steal from somebody else. I think they were strategizing. They both were eyeballing something they wanted.........

Can you guess by the last picture that Mike got what he wanted! :D He likes to try different dark beers and this was no exception. Only this one was so dark it looked like black coffee when we finally poured it down the sink. It was super strong and quite bitter! We kept the bottle though. It was pretty cool. There is a neat story/warning on the back of it that tells you that it is pretty stout and disgusting. It also tells how/why they started making the crap. I think they should quit making it and just make the cool bottles. Although, it does make a pretty good gag gift......

We had a good time on Christmas Day too. We ate BBQ with Mike's parents and relaxed at home in front of the good ol' tv while the girls and played. It was nice to put our responsibilities aside for the day and just enjoy our family! I hope you all enjoyed your holiday as well! I hope you have a great New Year!


2 comments:

Hatter J said...

I love the idea of a dirty Santa gift...too cool. Hot Damn is pretty good, if you like cinnamon, but the other stuff...well, at least now I know what to look out for...

Brandy said...

I am so ashamed to say I've had Hot Damn. Sad! Looks like fun, I want to do dirty Santa gifts!