Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A Case of the Butterflies...

I wanted to blog last night, but I couldn't quite get the words down right.  Don't know if I will tonight.  However, I want to say that I am NERVOUS as HELL about my surgery tomorrow.

I've had surgery before, but honestly, I don't remember much about it.  It was when I got really sick with my gall bladder and they put me in the hospital for 9 days.  I was pretty much drugged up for a couple days before surgery so I don't remember it.

This is different.  I've been "preparing" for this for 2 weeks.  And, thus, getting nervous for the past two weeks.  This surgery is outpatient surgery.  However, my doctor said it was a "big surgery".  Yay...  Still, it's surgery.

At my pre-op appointment, they showed me the list of the procedures that my doc will do.  He is basically doing four different procedures on my foot.  I can't even begin to tell you what they all are -  they weren't written in normal people terms.  Long story short, they are basically rebuilding the arch in my foot.  I am glad about that, but so WAY nervous about the recovery part.  I'll survive though.  It will just take some getting use to.

So, nervous stomach ache and all, I think I am ready for this.  I have lots of help lined up and I know I am in good hands.  And, I've decided I'll just give it all to God.  That's the easiest and smartest thing to do.  Wish me luck and say a little prayer tomorrow at 10:15!

No comments: