Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Hanging with my Whitters...

Today I got to hang out with Whitney.  She and I decided we needed to float in the pool for a bit.  After getting the music going, she and I solved all the problems of the world while we floated - well, except for what sport she wants to play at the moment.  She's jumped around from soccer (her favorite sport) to swimming, and now to gymnastics.  We're still trying to solve this "problem".   It was kinda nice.  :)

After a bit, we got out so we could read while we sunbathed.  I don't think Whitney actually ever read.  She stayed busy setting up an umbrella to sit under and then decided she was hungry.  She made us lunch - peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with twisted Cheeto puffs.  It was the perfect lunch.  :)

Whitney and I don't get enough days like this.    It was nice getting to just be us - no arguing, nothing that had to be done, and no place we had to be.  I loved spending time with her.  I hope we get to do it again real soon!  Love this kid so much!

1 comment:

Peggy said...

Enjoy every minute you can with that little girl! PBJ sandwiches and cheese puffs sound like a perfect lunch to have! :) If I were there, I'd be laying out in the sun with you guys! Love you all....Aunt Peggy